Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 10th

Life at the Missionary Training Center

I've learned sooo much in these past couple days. It's unreal. First of all, I realized how much I didn't pray. And should have prayed when I was home. I really didn't understand what it was to have a good relationship with HF. There is a siter here that is kind of sassy... and we didn't have a confrontation but she said something to me. So i planned on asking her not to say that... I was a little worked up, but the first thing that came out of my mouth when I went to talk to her was that I'm sorry. I apologized. Why? At the time I had NO idea, but I did. Later I realized that I felt the spirit of contention and I literally couldn't say anything but sorry. The spirit wouldn't let me. It was crazy, but so awesome. That's one of my goels, to see people as they can become not what they are. I've also learned that I LOVE being on a mission. Even though I've been here at the MTC a few days. The first day was really hard because I was doubting myself and the whole mission, but after praying a lot and going to class, I thought wow! Christ died for me and I can't go on a mission for him???? I can do this. I was blessed to get the calling of sister trainer leader with residence hall opportunities. Pretty cool. I LOVE my district. they're all so cool. I was blessed to be in the district that I'm in. Oh.. and I did get sick =( but the elders gave me a blessing and they were so willing to. it was really cool. Also, I was talking with my teacher about knowledge and being well informed and we had a longgggg discussion about it. Then I said... well isn't knowledge power?? and he said.. "Yea, but whose power is it?" then he said one of the coolest things ive ever heard... "Knowledge is power, but if that power is adding to YOUR power then you have the wrong intentions and that's satan's doctrine." I was blown away. And we had a devotional yesterday and Bednar said... "Worry about someone else when you are only worries about yourself." He really drilled into our heads that this mission is not for us and that we will get blessings from it, but if getting blessings is our primary reason for serving a mission. t=Then we won't be truly converted. Anyways, I'm running out of time. Keep the letters coming.


Con amor,

Hermana Cardona

PS. My companion is hilarious!! And way more of an airhead than I am. I love her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment