Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 15

Goodbye MTC


We did In-Field Orientation... It was brutal. It was from 8-6pm... I was trying SO hard to not fall asleep. People were making fun of me because my mouth was open. but I only started to fall asleep in one presentation. It was a lot of really good information. There was a really good story from Elder Bednar and about some missionaries that were wasting time at his house... and he completely rebuked them. I felt like he was talking to me. It was scary. Not that I've been wasting time, but that I never want to be disobedient. I realized that everyone looks at everything we do. We're literally representatives of Christ. So are all members... but my branch president said that we have our name and Christ's name on the same badge that it's over our hearts and to realize what we're really doing. 

One thing that I'm striving to do is during my prayers to always ask Heavenly Father what He wants me to do, because He knows better than I do. 

An elder in my district (and cried. he never cries) shared his testimony that he has never prayed so much and that he has never had the feelings/desires to pray for someone else so much and that he realized how selfish he was being by only praying for himself. That was really cool. 

I saw this quote in one of the elders little journals and it reminded me that I've done some pretty crummy things. Even after I was baptized..but HF looks at what I'm doing now and if I've learned from my mistakes. I feel like if we feel guilty about things that we did before.. it can help by reminding yourself that you've learned and changed. I don't know why I felt like sharing that.  It also reminds me of the story of Lot and his wife and when she turned around. Like looking back...

"Jesus Christ's plan doesn't have rear-view mirrors."

Con Amor

Hermana Cardona

P.S. I leave Monday for MEXICOOOO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment