Tuesday, April 15, 2014


April 14th

Buenas Tardes!

This week has been so exciting. My companion and I have learned how to listen to the spirit. Things are so much "easier" when we let the spirit be in charge and just follow it. We have met so many wonderful families beause we followed the promptings of the spirit. 


Well this week has been good. there are so many investigators. but i found an investigator from the USA! hes 19 and he speaks english and wants me to teach him english. hes a really good person but says that he hasnt found a purpose in life yet. so we´re (HF) to help. Its really neat beacuse he wants to be a better person and he knows that HF is the only way. how do some people just know? its way tight. and anthoer lady that is a saint! and she is getting baptized next month. and we have a baptism the 26! yeee hoo! It makes me so happy when investigators come tochurch, read or pray. it is so awesome. well the culture here is that the people that have the least money give the most food and gifts. its super neat. i dont get it. and the people that have more dont give us any. its funny how we have to have little to be humble and be willing to give the best to others. anywaz. im good. this lady gave us a bowl of fire. hurt me bad. oh and i loveeeee our zone. we have the funniset elders and hermanas. theyre way tight. and super humble. I never feel alone. I feel HFs love all the time. Even when we have a super chafa day. chafa means sucky. the elders use it haha. the mish is way cool. im glad im here. transfers in one week. nooooo. i dont want to leave this area. i loooove it. i love the people here especialy the sisters. theyre like moms for me. everyone says that we have to invite them to our weddings and come back to mexico. yadee yada haha.


I love this scripture because at the end it says... "well if you know these things. then just do it. duh." easier said than done. i know. but being here and telling people that we´re representatives of Christ.. their eyes light up. so if i know these things... then I better just do it. all the time. 

Mosiah 4:10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.


I really enjoyed conference. Elder Adukaist said that we should be willing to do God's will when we find it. That was really powerful to me because I have thought of how often I want something so bad or dont. And I didnt even stop to think of what HF wants. lame. and when i find God's will, will I be brave and faithful enough to do it? I liked his talk. 


Something else I remembered is what Eder Corbridge said which was.... "We are more than human, we are children of God." wow that was really powerful because not everyone knows that. And everyone should because when we know that. We feel His love. I just see alot of people here that have really bad family situations and lose hope well... in life. Thats super sad. I dont know if HF gets sad, or stressed (if he does i can imgaine He has high blood presssure) but I get sad hearing that from people and I know that with God everything is possible, like it says in Luke. And that Christ received the most opposition. He´s such an example to me because I feel like He´s by my side tellin me, "I kow, it´s hard, but your one of His children and if I can do it. I know you can too." One thing I remember from the MTC is an elder telling us to CHOOSE to be happy. It´s not a state we just fall into. We choose it. I love that. I dont know whats going on with me haha, but i feel that i have the capactiy to love like never before. It´s HF. Strange but very wonderful and the same time. 

During our district meetings we always practice how to share the gospel with someone based on their needs. Im not shy but sharing the gospel all the time can be a little intimidating, but our mission president has made it a goal to talk to everyone because we are all God's children and we all need the gospel. I love our mission president. He is truly a man called by God.I hope everyone has a muy buena semana. Thank you again for your comenatrios. They help me lots.

Love,

Hermana Cardona


No comments:

Post a Comment