Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 31


Hola!

This week has been way good. We know the area a little better. Not a whole lot. I only got sick for one day. Most of the investigators that we teach are very very busy. People cant come to church because they work everyday of the week and all day. The people here are extremely humble. my companion and I walk ALL day. Our area covers a lot. Yesterday we taugh an investigator that is married to a member. But she isn't. She said that the biggest reason for her not wanting to get baptized is because it will change her life a lot and that she sees some members do the things that are contrary to what the gospel teaches. Okay, a few of things: 1. my companion and I were able to bear our testimony that we know it will be a HUGE change, both of us being converts and all, but it is a positive change 2. The church is made up of imperfect people slowly trying to acquire all the attributes of Christ 3. How important it is to bear our testimony. we had taught her for about 30 minutes before she told us how she really felt and when we bore our testimonies, she finally understood. The spirit had truly touched her. It was amazing. Slowly Im realizing that our experiences can change peoples lives. Findnig a way to connect to the gospel to people and their needs isnt easy, but its not me or my companion that does it. It's the spirit. I can literally feel when the spirit is there or not there. Since I am here praying, reading scriptures, learning more about Heavenly Father ALL the time. I have become extremely sensitive to the spirit. I feel so happy when thespirit it there, which is such a simple thing. 

I have a story. So my comp and i were traveling to another part of our area to go visit someone. on a combi. Half bus, part taxi. The guy driving was super ticked. I dont know why. and people usually dont pay their little kids. So she payed for herself and didnt pay for her little girl. and booked it off the combi. El seƱor se enojo y estaba gritando y diciendo naughty words. Y yo me asuste mucho. Y pense. Estoy loca? por que me asusto? en serio estaba bien asustada. luego tuve el sentimiento de que estaba asustada por que no sentia el espiritu. en ese momento yo senti que el espiritu dijo, "PEACE" y se fue. that was really weird for me because I dont think ive ever felt that so strongly. And i thought. why wasnt i so sensitive to the spirit before? i like this scripture a lot because i feel likie the spirit needs somewhere to live (us) and if we dont have the right mindset or heart or surrounding, (standing in holy places) then it wont be there. 

19 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, whicye have of God, and ye are not your own?"


its so wishy washy here. sometimes i fell like i want to go home. but then other times i dont want to. this is hard. i love being here like 98 percent of the time but then i get to missin home. i think i miss the luxuries of the states too. its way different here. you have to depend on people a lot. But that makes me think. i have to depend on HF every singly day. so its okay. thats why were here, to help eachother out in this life. i feel like HF does a "yes!" and jumps up when he sees us doing the right thing. I feel like im learning way too much at once haha will i remember it all when i go home haha. oh and these 2 weeks have flown by.way fast. i thoguht about. as soon as it becomes this september i only have a year. what the heck??? oh and i guess we can extend our mish. didnt know that. 

"Service and love open the heart so the spirit can be felt" -Elder Nilson

Que tengan una buena semana! Y gracias por sus comentarios. (spanish)

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Cardona

No comments:

Post a Comment