Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26th


This past week was a great one! Like every week. We had ANOTHER baptism this saturday. It was lovely. His name is Nestor and he is such a sweet soul. He is married and has a family and unfortunately his family did not attend the baptism and are not supportive of his decision. I could really relate to him, because I was in the same situation when I was baptized almost 3 years ago. (yay). I was able to share my experiences with him and let him know that Heavenly Father does not forget about us. EVER. A song that I love is called A Chils's Prayer... it has helped me a lot this week because I know that HF listens to us and when we're in times of trials. He's there with us. 
We have cambios in 2 weeks! Cambios here come soo fast. I have enjoyed being in a trio and I'm excited for the new missionaries to come! We were able to hear our president speak this Sunday and he spoke with much power about serving a mission. That he comes from a family of missionaries and that "there is no wordly excuse to not serve a mission." I love him. I hope everyone has a super duper week! =)

Here are the lyrics to the song A child's prayer... 

  1. Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer? 
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray. Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me."
 Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.


   2. Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list'ning.
 You are his child;
His love now surrounds you. 
He hears your prayer; 
He loves the children.
 Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav'n.


Love

Hermana Cardona

No comments:

Post a Comment